Sunday 13 December 2009

How do you get CPanel to create an email account that works with Outlook?

I have been using Cpanel on a number of hosts for a while now and had never had any problems. I have a domain, want an email address, just create a new account and set a password. CPanel then lists the details that need to connect via an email client and you are away.

Although I have noticed the details CPanel give you back are slightly incorrect, such as the user name appearing as name+domain rather than name@domain - but easy to rectify none the less.

Unfortunately the last account I added didn't connect from the client - it worked from the webmal link but not my outlook client. Annoying very annoying!

The solution, in this case was to reset my password making sure that all the characters used were lower case! What a pain that was, especially since you expecially when I expected the issue to be related to server names, ports or that kind of stuff!

If you are having problems give this a try....

No comments:

Post a Comment