Sunday 13 December 2009

How do you get Firefox to show HTML LI list items like IE?

Earlier this week I had a web page that would not render quite properly under firefox, it had a list of bullet points that were in fact placed inside a TD cell and it just looked like the bullets were not centered in the cell.

Embarassingly enough I cannot remember the precise code to reproduce the layout here, which if I get some time will give you a code sample so you can see what happened. I initially though I could solve the problem using appropriate padding and margins for just Firefox but I'm pleased to say rather than using that hack I spotted the real problem.

For whatever reason, and I don't know if IE or Firefox is at fault I noticed that the IE list items had a property of list-item-position set to inside - where as Firefox was set to outside. Changing my firefox stylesheet to use list-item-position:inside solved the problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment