Wednesday 5 August 2009

How do you add items to the Joomla "Pill" menu?

I have just started playing with Joomla and as part of reading a new book on the subject wanted to add some menu items to the pill menu at the top of the screen. In truth, I had probably deleted some key elements while mucking around with the Joomla administration but none the less I had arrived at a situation where I couldn't add any items to this menu - ooops.



I have now solved it and as always with these things, it pretty straightforward:

Add a new Menu via the Menus-> Menu Manager. Add your names and description, and the key thing here is to fill in the module title with mod_mainmenu.




Now once done go to Extentions->Module Manager and edit the mod_mainmenu module. The key thing now is to change the position to 'user3'. Save changes and then start adding menu items to this new menu and you are away!


No comments:

Post a Comment