Wednesday 26 August 2009

How to create an HTML signature in Outlook?

I have just been trying to add a banner to an HTML email. Initially I thought I would create an HTML page and then tried to link this using the Outlook signature creator pointing to the HTML file... I tried this and nothing appeared! So I can only assume my HTML which I purposely kept really simple and used tables which I had previously read would make an email more likely to work but alas not!

But, thanks to another blogger out there a fantiastically simply yet effective solution to this is to open your HTML page that displays page as you want. Then highlight the page in your browser and copy. In the Outlook signature admin, just add a new signature for editing and then paste what you have just copied into the editor and bingo, the HTML I was slaving to work is just there!!

If still not quite to your satifsfaction you can edit the resulting HTML by going to C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures and in there you will find your signature file as an .htm So once you are roughly happy with the appearance in the signature editor you still go back to the htm file and now tweak as needed. So I found this a really easy way to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment